EDOGAWA CITY LIBRARIES
☆ Reader Service☆
Our foreign-language collection includes general-interest books,children's books, magazines, newspapers, and audio-visual materials.
The borrowing service is free, and you are welcome to use our facilities
|3-1-3,Chuo,Edogawa-ku||9:00～21:30||The 4th Monday of each month
New Year's holidays
for the Young
|Shishibone Community Library||03-3678-6891||1-54-2,Shishibone,Edogawa-ku||9:00～17:00||The 4th Monday of each month
New Year's holidays
|Seishincho Community Library||03-3878-1926||1-2-2,Seishincho,Edogawa-ku||9:00～21:30|
- All reading and audio-visual materials (except materials with the R label) can be borrowed by registered user.
- The borrowing service is limited to Edogawa resident and to people who work or study in Edogawa.Residents of our neighboring cities―Katsushika-ku,Sumida-ku,Koto-ku,Adachi-ku in Tokyo and the cities of Urayasu and Ichikawa in Chiba prefecture―may also use our borrowing service.
- For registration, please provide the proof of personal identity, including your current address. The following documentations are accepted:
・Alien registration card
・Health insurance card
・Receipts of public utility charges or tax payment certificates
- Please present your Library card when you borrowing materials from library.The terms of borrowing are as follow:
- The borrowing period can be extend if the borrowed material has not been reserved by another library user.Extension can be done either at the library counter or by telephone.
- In case of the borrowed material is lost or damaged, you are required to replace the lost /damaged material with a new one.If the lost/damaged material can no longer be bought, you are required to replace the material with another of similar commercial value upon consultatin with the library staff.
- We accept reservation at the library counter or at our website,including our mobile-phone webpage, for materials that have been borrowed.
- When the material you reserved becomes available ,we will notify you by phone or e-mail.
- All municipal libraries in Edogawa city are linked to a common computer network. You may return your borrwed library materials to any Edogawa municipal library.
- When the library is closed, please place your borrowed books in the library's the Book-post. Audio-visual materials must be returned at the library counter.
- We are pleased to assist you in your search of library materials and in your research.
- OPAC terminals are available on each floor. br>
We decline to offer help in the following inquiries. br>
*Research on school assignments, study reports, graduation theses and prize contests.
*Research that involve value judgment
*Research that involve prediction of the future
*Consultation on personal, legal, medical and pharmaceutical matters.
- Books and magazines can be copied on our copy machines for personal use.
- Commercial use of our copy service is not permitted.
- All copy service is subject to the relevant copyright restrictions.
- This service is available to people who are unable to come the library because of physically reason. We accept requests from the disabled on the phone.
- Face-to-face reading service is available for visually handicapped.
- We welcome kids(under the primary school age)to use our libraries. Each library has a reading room for kids.
2.Please keeps silence inside the library.
3.Smoking, eating and drinking are not allowed inside the library, except at the designated area.